The Uganda-UK Health Alliance is an umbrella Organization for UK Institutions and organizations undertaking healthcare capacity building activity in Uganda. Without controlling or inhibiting individual organisational members, the Alliance has provided a system-platform to allow each member to maximize their impact by linking them to other agencies working in the same geographical region or sharing similar activities. It has also created mechanisms to support and better coordinate its member organizations and ensure that their activities map to the priorities of the prevailing Ugandan government and Ministry of Health. UUKHA is therefore seeking a suitable Ugandan company to provide internet services at our premises located at Plot 1 Kiwana Road, Bukoto, Kampala Uganda.
- Speed requirement: At least 5.0 Mbps unlimited bandwidth.
- In case of shared channel, the minimal guaranteed bandwidth should be clearly mentioned in the proposal
- Connection should be of cable type, preferably fiber-optic; wireless solutions may be considered.
- No limitations on traffic/ports; bandwidth capacity should be ensured through direct IP connection.
- Service reliability must be ensured. Overall uptime should not be less than 99%.
- Data confidentiality guarantee; Provider may not scan traffic (if this should be done for finding problems in the network a prior Uganda UK Health Alliance’s agreement must be obtained).
- All necessary hardware, cabling and software (if required for Internet service) should be provided and set up by the provider.
- Free and unlimited technical support
- Traffic management, network monitoring and access to raw log files
- Quality of Service
- The successful provider must have 7x24x365 coverage for technical support and/or helpdesk facilities. Under the normal circumstances all problems should be resolved within maximum 24 hours after the notification from Uganda UK Health Alliance received. The provider is also responsible for contacting designated contact person at Uganda UK Health for both scheduled and un-scheduled downtime.
- Offerors are required to describe what alternate routing or fallback arrangements for continuity of service they have in place (if any), should their primary link(s) to the Internet backbone become non-operational. The offeror is to indicate what contracting arrangement they have with the primary Internet providers they work with.
- Uganda UK Health Alliance may wish to visit the vendor’s Network Operations Centre.
The successful provider must have a physical presence, including availability of technical support, in Uganda
October 2020 to October 2021
Uganda UK Health Alliance needs the following qualifications and Terms and conditions from the potential service provider:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in provision of services in nature, scale and complexity commensurate with the present terms of reference, with already provided services possessing features required by these terms of reference; The company must have at least three similar contracts (similar by scope, nature and amount), preferably with international / intergovernmental organizations; references from other clients are highly recommended.
NB: Please include a list of your current clients and their contacts in the proposal
For more information visit www.uukha.org