STRENGTHENING HEALTH WORKFORCE CAPACITY THROUGH GLOBAL LEARNING -(SCALE) PROJECT
JOB ADVERT- No. 1/2023
Uganda – UK Health Alliance (UUKHA) is a partnership between Ministry of Health Uganda and the NHS Health Education England.
Working with various institutions in Uganda and the UK, UUKHA is implementing The Strengthening Health Workforce Capacity through Global Learning (SCALE) Project aimed at building training pathways for specialists and subspecialists between Uganda and UK through models that are of mutual benefit to health workers in both countries.
The Program is currently focused on four (4) subspecialty areas of; Emergency Medicine, Neonatology, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Critical Care
UUKHA invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position (1) of Project Assistant-Critical Care based at the UUKHA Country Office in Kampala
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application via email to the UUKHA administrator firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
Applications should include a covering letter duly signed together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of two referees, academic certificates and transcripts and a recent passport photograph.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm on Wed 29th March 2023.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This position is a part time position (03 days a week) for a period of twelve (12) months with effect from April to December 2023
Roles & responsibilities:
- The post holder will work closely with the Project Manager and will be responsible for coordinating all activities of the project.
- The activities include;
- Maintaining regular contact with institutional leads involved in the partnership.
- Compiling learning schedules
- Organising of virtual and in-person trainings
- Participate in project engagements with Ministry of Health
- Coordinate Data collection and impact analysis
- Report writing and dissemination
- Social media and publicity
- The post will also involve other administrative and research orientated tasks as required.
Qualifications & competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a recognised institution
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of two years’ experience in coordinating related projects
- Post Graduate qualification in Public Health or Project Management is an added advantage
- Knowledge on Health workforce development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work and interact with government and non-government colleagues and partners
- Evidence of ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Substantial experience of report writing and data visualisation
- Good organisational skills to support documentation, reporting of data and dissemination of information
- Experience with social media
The Uganda UK Health Alliance will offer a competitive salary and other benefits to the successful candidate
The appointment is subject to appraisal and review at 3 monthly intervals.