Building capacity in Research & Implementation of FinDings through Global HEalth Partnerships
Scientific research remains a major factor in health sector development and underpins every advance in health care. Preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health is best achieved through the integrated and organized efforts of research and utilisation of findings globally
Strengthening research networks in developing countries is necessary to build the evidence base that can address common challenges, enable equitable access to resource for scientific research as well as develop sustainable research capacity through skills development.
The overall goal of The BRIDGE program is; to Increase Research Capacity and utilisation of evidence through institutional partnerships between Uganda and the UK.
The identified regional centres in Uganda will be twinned with UK institution (s) for capacity development and implementation of collaborative research. The following clusters have been proposed by the Ministry of Health to benefit from the BRIDGE Program and will form the regional centres of Excellence;
1) Muni University/Arua Regional Referral Hospital
2) Gulu University/Gulu Regional Referral Hospital/St Mary’s Hospital Lacor
3) Lira University/Lira Regional Referral Hospital
4) Mbarara University of Science and Technology/Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital
5) Busitema University/Mbale Regional Referral Hospital
6) Makerere University/Mulago National Referral Hospital
Institutions in the UK will be mapped through existing and new research networks.
If your institution is interested in Joint the BRIDGE Program, please contact Dr Solomon Kamurari, Head of Programmes, firstname.lastname@example.org